Plymouth Hoe Waterfront is volunteer run online community network powered by Eddystone Media.
It first started on 22nd February 2012 with an aim to help promote this beautiful area of Plymouth and the huge variety of events on offer to visitors and locals. Ever since then, it grew in follower numbers year on year by promoting positive news and being proud of our city’s heritage, achievements and outstanding natural beauty.
We run a very vibrant social media community both on Facebook and Twitter, where we frequently post and share quality photography, videos and news articles about Plymouth Hoe. These independent, fan-accounts operate thanks to the people who kindly donate their time and skills to help Plymouth Hoe Waterfront network grow.
Here’s to many more years of shouting out about Plymouth Hoe!
The official Plymouth Visitor Guide 2018 is now out in digital format & print copies will be available from early March.
There are some excellent suggestions of places to visit when in the area, news on events and interesting facts about Plymouth. Well worth having a little browse, whether you are a visitor or live locally.
You can view your digital copy here: issuu.com/visitplymouth/docs/plymouth_visitor_guide_2018
Event: Bonfire Night – Saturday 5 November 2016
Plymouth will be hosting a bonfire and fireworks display on Saturday 5 November on The Hoe for Bonfire Night.
Fairground rides and catering stands will be open from 4pm and entertainment, courtesy of Radio Plymouth will be provided from 6pm.
As the night draws in and the temperature drops, this event is sure to warm up when the bonfire is lit at 7.30pm. The fireworks display will be set off from the Citadel at 8pm.
There’s still a number of top events coming up on the Plymouth Hoe. We’ll take a look at these in our next roundup.
British Firework Championships:
Tuesday 16 – Wednesday 17 August 2016
The world famous British Firework Championships is set to return to Plymouth for its 20th showdown in just over 2 weeks!
The successful companies competing this year are:
- Aurora Fireworks
- F1 Pyrotechnics
- Phoenix Fireworks
- Gala Fireworks
- Distant Thunder Fireworks
- Smart Pyrotechnics
A fantastic free Waterfront event, with judging from an expert panel, fairground rides, entertainment from Heart Radio and bands, The Poet Junkies and Ten Zero One.
See full details…
MTV CRASHES PLYMOUTH
Facebook: MTV Crashes Plymouth / Twitter: @MTVPlymouth
For LIVE coverage also follow:
Facebook: What’s On Plymouth & One Plymouth
Twitter: @whatsonplymouth & @oneplymouth
Armed Forces Weekend in Association with Babcock International
Saturday 25 – Sunday 26 June 2016
Plymouth Armed Forces Week is an annual event held in support of the national Armed Forces Day initiative.
With 50,000 attending the event last year we are continuing to improve our annual event on the glorious Plymouth Hoe, and with this in mind we are developing a spectacular two day event which will be known as Armed Forces Weekend, in association with Babcock International.
The intention of the weekend for Plymouth is to say a big Thank You to the Armed Services, their families and our veterans.
The aim of the event from the MOD; is to raise awareness of and support for our Armed Forces community and celebrate the outstanding contribution it makes to our country.
Plans to date include:
**Saturday 25 June – 10am to 10.30pm**
Villages & Arena Displays:
- Veterans Village Sponsored by Royal British Legion
- Hidden Heritage Living History Zone
- Royal Naval Village
- Army Village
- RAF Village
- Emergency Services Displays
- The annual RAF and Allied Air Forces Monument Service supported by the Royal Marine Band, Plymouth in the Arena
- Veterans parade on the Hoe including over 30 Royal British Legion Standards
- Plymouth Youth Music Service (PYMS) Stage
- Cadets Corps of Drums and Drill Display team in the Arena
- HMS Raleigh Training School Arms Drill Display with the Royal Marine Band, Plymouth in the Arena
- Military Kids Choir and Community Covenant Speech on the main stage
- Plymouth Drake Sea Cadets in the Arena
- Company B – 7 piece rowdy energetic jump jive band that bring an era of musical vintage bang up to date with their show performance on the main stage
- The Rifles Freedom of the City Parade and led by The Rifles Band and Bugles
- HMNB Devonport V HMS Raleigh Field Gun Competition in the Arena. Babcock Cup Presentation in the Arena
- Jnr Field Gun Run. RM Volunteer cadet Corp. V Pennycross Primary School in the Arena
- SW Massed Pipe Band in the Arena
- RAF Air Cadets continuity drill display team in the Arena
- Air Displays sponsored by UTC Aerospace Systems
Evening Stage Entertainment:
- Military Wives Choir
- The Function Band of HM Royal Marines Band Plymouth
- Phil Collins tribute – straight out of the tribute top drawer
- Red Hot Chilli Pipers – the most famous bagpipe band on the planet…it’s Bagrock!
- Birmingham Blues Brothers – On a Mission in Plymouth
**Sunday 26 June – 10am to 4pm**
- Junior Field Gun competition and competition trophy presentations
- Feu de Joie from 29 CMDO Royal Artillery Citadel with Royal Marine Band, Plymouth
- 32nd Cornwall Regiment of Foot (Napoleonic era) drill display, marching and musket firing display
- Air Displays sponsored by UTC Aerospace Systems
Other activities include the Armed Forces Day Flag Raising Event on Monday 20 June in front of the Plymouth Guildhall and the Children and Young People’s Services have planned a HMS Heroes Service Children’s Voice Awards, The HMS Heroes small marquee, a competition for art and design and much more.
For a full list of events and activities see: http://www.visitplymouth.co.uk/…/armed-forces-weekend-p1306…
News of an event for businesses looking to linkup with the Mayflower 400 event.
The event is free to register and will be held on Wednesday, March 9, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM at the Duke of Cornwall Hotel.
‘Make a Difference for Mayflower 400’ will demonstrate the power of partnership working, as Plymouth City Council, the city’s two Business Improvement District organisations and independent businesses have joined forces to get Plymouth ready to feature on the world’s stage.
Aimed at businesses across Plymouth, this event is a launch of the city’s preparations in getting the place ready for Mayflower 400.
Just four and a half years’ away in 2020, the city will host a major events calendar and welcome hoards of international visitors as we celebrate the 400th Anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower.
‘Make a Difference for Mayflower 400’ will demonstrate the power of partnership working, as Plymouth City Council, the city’s two Business Improvement District organisations and indepedent businesses have joined forces to get Plymouth ready to feature on the world’s stage.
This event is a call to action, laying out the city’s plans to uplift the public realm and will present an ‘ask’ for help to the private sector. Ideas for projects will be provided, volunteer initiatives for teams will be shared and updates on what’s already happening will be showcased.
So if you’re not already part of the Plymouth ‘Make a Difference for Mayflower 400’ team, come aboard and join us now!
Booking details: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/make-a-difference-for-mayflowe…